Sunday, February 19, 2017

black hole sun

Project Quilting's theme this week was "The Brighter the Better." As usual, I started off with big ideas! My initial thought was to find some paper pieced star patterns, and I happened across this link: https://wombatquilts.com/free-paper-piecing-patterns/. I am a new big fan of Wombat Quilts!!! From there, I got the idea to do a different star in each of the colors of the rainbow, because what could be brighter than a rainbow star quilt? 

Well, I got all the stars pieced by Thursday or so, and then spent Friday staring at them thinking how much I didn't like them together... here are some pics of them alone:







And here is what they looked like together, in rainbow-color order:
I honestly thought that they looked like they were competing with each other, instead of playing nicely together. My kids do this a lot, and the best thing I can think to do is separate them (other than drink, but if they're doing it at 8AM that is kind of inappropriate.) So that's what I did with the quilt! I focused on the brightest one (in keeping with the challenge) which is obviously the yellow sun-like one. And then I sent the rest off to their room. I'll finish them later and hang them separately so everyone can play nicely. 

So here's what I have for the challenge:


I'm calling it Black Hole Sun, because every time I try to think of a name, the Soundgarden song pops into my head. It's like I have no choice in the matter.

Black Hole Sun is 8" X 8" and was made here in ~sunny~ Central PA!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
erin



No comments:

Post a Comment