Saturday, March 5, 2016

circle turkey

I am so happy to have been able to complete another Project Quilting Challenge! This one was to be inspired by a piece of children's artwork...what an awesome idea! I have always loved this little turkey that my son Rowan made in pre-school last Thanksgiving:


 So I decided to use it as inspiration, and here is what I came up with:


I am calling it "Circle Turkey." Here they are together:




And here are a few close-ups!



I used one of my favorite "quick-finish" methods for small-ish quilts which I absolutely LOVE! I just found a nice yarn out of my stash and couched it down around the perimeter using a zig-zag stitch. I went around this one three different times, because the yarn is variegated and I love the way it looks next to itself.

For the back, I picked out one of my favorite black/grey/white canvas prints: sea creatures! Thank you to my wonderful sister for donating this beauty to my stash.






The finished quilt is 11"X11" (ish), and was made here in Central PA! Thank you Kim and Diane for another great challenge!




2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love them both! I love all the projects the kids come home with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your transformation from paper craft to quilt is wonderful! Thanks for sharing about the yarn couching for an edge finish; I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete