Sunday, March 19, 2017

carpe diem

I would love to blog about this one, but I basically embellished almost all the way up to the deadline, I have a screaming child who wants to take a nap on me, and I have to leave for work soon. So basically, here's a bunch of pictures of my quilt, in no particular order. It's pretty fitting, since the theme for this one was "Time Is Up" HAHAHAHAHA (maniacal laughter). 

As to process - I will quickly say that I was inspired by something I saw on Facebook - "The trouble is, you think you have time." It's been over a year since I first saw it, and it has just stuck with me. So, for this challenge, I printed it out on cardstock and basically made a quilt to go behind it. I then covered it with some cool netting that I used to use as a curtain in college, and added on a piece of upholstery sample fabric (my amazing Aunt Cordelia gave me lots of sample books of upholstery fabric that her interior designer friend was gonna throw away - I'm telling you, it's a veritable treasure trove of fun). And then I added some of another treasure trove I was given by my mother in law. She likes to go to auctions and picked up a bunch of jewelry that she was kind enough to let me rifle through. I have so many clip-on earrings now it's not even funny!!! I find some strange joy in taking them apart with pliers and gluing or sewing them onto my quilts. I'm weird.

But anyhoo, gotta go rock a little dude down for his nap.

Check ya later!

xoxo,
erin

Oh yeah - the quilt is about 12" X 12" (not counting the dangley stuff), and was made in Central PA.



















No comments:

Post a Comment